PEN AND INK SKETCHES

I am teaching myself to sketch. It has become a favorite hobby.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Last Moorage

 
Posted by Picasa


This is a drawing of an old fishing boat which was laying on a British beach about 20 or 30 miles South of the Dover Cliffs. We went sightseeing down there just prior to the last Northern Cruise, and ended up in an area where there were a lot of old fishing boats and a first rate seafood restaurant. We had dinner and on the way back I spotted this boat and wanted a picture of it The British Lady who was our guide took this picture and later mailed it to us. Margaret thought that it would be nice to make a drawing of the boat and send her a copy. I had drawn her house from pictures she gave us before the cruise, (read almost castle) and when we gave her the drawing she was pleased with it, so I thought we would try again.

Jim Mathews

No comments:

Post a Comment